Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall into Fall

I'm never anxious for fall, because I never want summer to end.  But as the leaves slowly change color, the weather slowly gets colder, and the thought of Thansksgiving grows nearer, fall is starting to feel exciting and cozy again.  One of my favorite pieces of fall is the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks.  I have a lot to be thankful for, and a lot to look forward to this fall.  Some goals and upcoming events:

1.  Fall Fashion.  I'm excited to buy new clothes.  Boots, scarves, mittens, and sweaters.
2.  Exercise. Summer was fun and relaxing, but I need to whip my body into shape.  My goal is six days at week at LA Boxing, and back to watching what I eat.  Monday through Saturday, it's go time.  Fall fashion and exercise go hand in hand.  If I work out, I get to buy new, cuter, smaller clothes. 
3. Nebraska.  It always feels like home.  Not that I'd want to live there, but fall in Nebraska brings a cozy, warm feeling when I'm at my Grammy's house.  I'm excited to spend the weekend there with my Mom.  We plan on visiting Dad and Grandma's grave with flowers, which is always special.
4. California. Gil's parents' house also feels like home.  I enjoy being with his family.  I feel welcomed.  Picturing past trips there, my memories are warm.  Spending the week of Thanksgiving out there will be a nice break from work, and I know that Gil is thankful for any chance he gets to see his family. I'm happy when he's happy.  I also know how thankful his mom is when she gets to see her grandson and son. I can see the pride and love she has for them.  I'm happy to be a part of this family.

So...I'm ready to let go of summer and fall into fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment